Monday, April 16, 2012

Random thought - Putting on god's shoes

Ever since I put up at new house in Bangalore, living alone, I have been itching to do a few things. Well that is the whole point of living alone, doing whatever you want your way, according to your mood...without anyone’s interruptions...without being under any obligation of politeness. It could simply be just immersing under your thoughts as long as you want without getting disturbed. Of many other things, I always wanted to read and write a bit more than I actually do. I did start reading but was yet to begin to write anything. I was not able to find anything motivating enough until this moment.

It was actually an ant on my jam’s bottle in the kitchen that plonked a thought in my head. While giving my final salutes to lord Ganesha’s idol (which I don’t very often do) before passing by for bed, I saw this ant hovering over my jam’s bottle. Instinctively I just threw the ant away from it. Now this happens sometimes especially when you are at some sacred place or near god’s area that your inner moral character wakes up (even if you are kind of feeling sleepy). The ant was just doing his job but I simply threw it away because I didn’t feel that was right, mind you, against his will.

Well here is the thought - how many times have we wished the god to get something which could, in most probabilities, be going against someone else’s will? It could be a thing as noble as getting an admit into some finest gradate college or a great 7 figure salary or wishing for a girl you want. Your wish may well conflict with someone else’s interest. In effect you might very well be asking god to choose you for that college against 10,000 other candidates who are equally worthy and praying with same intensity. You might actually be praying for a job which is needed more by someone else at least at that time....or you may be praying against that girl’s wish or may be against her parent’s (or may be dozens of other boys). It is a complex world and to grant your wish, may simply not be fair to someone else.

You cannot be the only worthy one wishing for something and praying for it to the god. How would god really decide if he has to do it in a fair way? Probably, Charles Darwin suggested the most obvious and simplest theories of all time – Survival of the fittest – easily the fairest way of achieving something. I am not saying god is sitting ideal, leaving us on our own and let us decide who the best is. Is it not possible that god boils down to some x number of worthy candidates for something and then leaves it to them...‘may the best man win...I will take care that this is done evenly and fairly’.

Hence sometimes when the god turns down your wish it is very well possible that you were not the worthy candidate this time, possibly someone deserved it more.

2 comments:

  1. What I could understand from this post is probably there are two things on your mind right now ..... 7 digit salary and a girl of your choice :)

    By the way, well written mate !

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks for reading and commenting.....how did u find this blog great man...gud to knw that i have some following :P !!

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-48115566-1